Wednesday, May 24, 2023

Getting Started...the Layout.

Sorry this has taken me so long, but this next part of putting the new house together has taken a stupidly long time, and honestly still isn't 100% set in stone. You see, when I put a new house together, I like to put all the big furnishings out first. 

I like to ensure that the furniture I want to use is going to fit. I like to live with the layout for a week or so to make sure that I can get around inside the house without bumping into walls, that I can get around the couch, and in the kitchen without having to climb over any of the furniture. 

So here is where things stand. I won't be doing complete credits here - that will happen when the house is finished - but I'll try and list what I can remember off the top of my head. 


Here's the modified house on the parcel. I still need to tweak the landscaping a bit, but landscaping A. isn't my favorite, and B. is not my strong suit, so it will probably be done last. Again, the house is from D-Lab


Starting with the kitchen...this is the enclosed space I created in my last post. I really love how it came out, and was thrilled to find the "Tegan Kitchen" from Consignment. It has the sleek modern look I wanted for this house, and the slatted bits mirror the slats on the outside so well, it feels like it was custom made for this space. Which it sort of was, as it's modular, so you can set it up any way that you like!


The Living Room is next. The low slung boucle' couch is from Bazar, and the boucle' chair is also from Consignment. The style and texture of these is so puffy and cozy...perfect for sitting by the fire on a chilly ocean evening. The table and chairs from elev8 (A collab between Meshworx and Bazar) will be a space for games and puzzles, but obviously could also be used for dining. The slatted side tables (see a theme here?) are from Atelier Burgundy


The entrance hall is pretty basic at this point. It needs plants badly, and lighting. This hall is daaark. But I'll play around with it. The bookcase is from Kraftwork, the entry shelf and mirror are from Fourth Wall, and the stool is from Schultz Bros. 


This little room was a conundrum. It was too small to be an office, too big to be a hall closet, so I opted to turn it into a half-bath. Speaking of dark, the walls and floor in here were all almost black, so I tried to lighten it up by adding the white tile walls and floor. The toilet and sink are from Bazar


Ah, the bedroom...my little nest. I'm sold on the bed and night tables in this room, but not sure on the rest just yet. The night tables are from What's Next, the bed is from a collab from Kraftwork, Atelier Burgundy, and Pitaya (The Nordic Cottage Collection), and the armoire is also from Kraftwork


The bathroom was fun to put together. The HUGE (slightly modded) shower is from Fourth Wall, the toilet, which is tucked behind the little privacy walls I put up, is from Fancy Decor, and the sink is part of the Gabor set from Consignment. I did add a prim to the floor with the same tile used in the half-bath above. Mainly because there was a drain in the floor that limited where I could put things. So I did it to make it cohesive, and so I could do what I wanted to with the space. 

Lastly, we have the little semi-enclosed outdoor area. I figure every beach house needs an outdoor shower and laundry area, so that's what I figured that would fit best here. The laundry set, including the rack is from Astralia, and the outdoor shower is from Soy, but I might be replacing it with another one I found at Fourth Wall. The (modded) cabinet next to the laundry set, which will contain toiletries, laundry stuff, and towels, is from the Thela kitchen by Your Dreams

"BuT SkYe iT's So MoNOchROMatic aNd BOrinG." Yeah, I know. Especially compared to the old house I had before which was light, bright, and very colorful. But remember this is just the basics, and now starts the fun part. The Decor. Adding all the rugs, plants, clutter, books, and artwork. THAT is what will make this house a home. I'll be doing it mostly a room at a time, and will dedicate a post to each, so that you can see it from all the angles, and get a view of everything. So stay tuned! 


No comments:

Post a Comment