Tuesday, March 7, 2023

*Taps Microphone* Hello? Is This Thing On?

Remember me? Probably not. I started this blog about a year and a half ago, really got cracking on it, then...nothing. I honestly have no idea what happened to me, or why I stopped blogging so suddenly after just a few posts. I guess I'll put it up to life happening. 

Lately though, I've been getting the decorating itch. Being rousted from my old sim and having to find a new place to live, then put a new parcel together took care of a lot of that, but it never really all goes away. 

One of the channels I follow on YouTube is "Architectural Digest". They have a series of videos where they give a fairly blank room to three designers with no limitation on budget, furniture, finishes, art, lighting, etc. They're really fun to watch, and you can check out an example here. 


So I thought it would be fun to take a simple one room skybox, and using this idea transform this room in multiple ways and styles. And while the videos limit it to a certain type of room, I thought it would be fun to expand it to any kind of room I want. 

I decided on using Hive's "Simple Skybox" for this little experiment. The attic type room will present a bit of a challenge, given the attic space with the sloped ceiling. However, I've never been one to shy away from a challenge. My only limitation is an LI limit of about 250, but I can do A LOT with 250 LI. 



So keep an eye on this space! I hope to start this little challenge ASAP, and hope to have something up by this weekend, if not sooner. Toodles! 

No comments:

Post a Comment